We're showing information about textphones, click here to view NGT Lite information.
Answering a call using a textphone
- When your textphone flashes or rings, follow the instructions in its user guide to answer the call.
- On the textphone screen, you'll see ‘NGT waiting for a free relay assistant', or ‘NGT connected text to text' if the call was made from a textphone.
- If the call is from a telephone user, you'll then see ‘Connected to Text Relay, please wait'.
- Once you're connected, you might want to tell the relay assistant that you'll be using Hearing Carry Over (HCO). You can then type your conversation and the relay assistant will read it to the hearing person.
- To hear the hearing person's reply, just listen directly on the phone.
- The conversation will carry on like this until one of you ends the call.
Your conversation - Type & Hear
It doesn't matter if your call is going via a relay assistant or you're typing direct to the other person. To hear the other person you need to switch your textphone to voice. Please refer to the Hearing Carry Over (HCO) section in your textphone manual.
Hanging up a call - phone
At the end of a call simply hang up your phone.