How do you want to communicate?
The way you use Next Generation Text depends on how you want to communicate. So you don't have to read through everything on this website we can give you the only information you need.
Please click on the link below that best describes the way you want to communicate:
- Type & Read - Can't hear and don't use your voice
- Speak & Read - Can't hear but use your voice
- Type & Hear - Can hear but don't use your voice
- Speak & Hear - Have some hearing and do use your voice
How NGT Lite works
The NGT Lite app is a small computer application that you run on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. You use the app with a phone call to make text calls through the NGT Service.
The NGT Lite works together with your home, office, or mobile phone and provides a text connection in parallel with the phone call you make through the Next Generation Text Service. This parallel connection uses the internet through your broadband, Wi-Fi, or office network to send and receive the text part of your conversation while the phone call is used for voice.
You can use NGT Lite to make all types of NGT call: 18001, Assist, helpdesk, and 18000 emergency, and to receive: 18002, TextNumber, and Assist calls.
By using NGT Lite you can communicate using text direct with the other people if they have the app or a textphone, or if they don't a text relay assistant will be connected automatically to relay your call. Click here for more about text relay.
When you call or are called by some using NGT Lite a relay assistant will be connected into the call. Depending on how the text-user wants to communicate the relay assistant will either:
- type what you say to the text-user and speak their reply,
- type what you say to the text-user and you will hear the text-user's reply,
- or you speak to the text-user and the relay assistant will speak their reply