When using NGT Lite or a textphone
- Direct or via Relay dial 18001 + phone number
- To use Relay Assist dial 0870 240 9598 (calls to this number cost 1p per minute plus your phone company's Access Charge)
- For an emergency call dial 18000
- From abroad dial +44151 494 1260
- For the NGT Helpdesk dial 0800 500 888
When using SMS on a mobile
- To send an SMS text to the emergency services send it to 999 or 112
When using a telephone
- Direct or via Relay dial 18002 + phone number or dial 0330 670... or dial 0777 789...
- To use Relay Assist dial 0870 240 5152 (calls to this number cost 1p per minute plus your phone company's Access Charge)
- From abroad dial +44151 494 2022
- For the NGT Helpdesk dial 0800 7311 888
All calls made through NGT are dialled as if you've used a BT line. If your telephone provider uses shortcodes such as 150 you''ll need to dial 18001 followed by an alternative number. Your telephone provider will be able to tell you the number to call. As an example BT use 150 for Customer Service, however if you're calling from another telephone provider''s line you have to dial 0800 800 150
NGT call return
To see the last phone number that called you through NGT, dial 18001 1471. As with normal 1471 calls, you'll see the last phone number only if the caller didn't withhold it and the call was made through NGT.
NGT call return works when you use a textphone or NGT Lite.
Withholding your phone number
If you've linked your phone to a TextNumber, the person you're calling will see the TextNumber if they have caller display on their phone, or they use 1471. You can stop them seeing your TextNumber by dialling 141 before making a call e.g. 141 18001 followed by the number you're calling. Or contact your telephone provider to permanently withhold your phone number.
If you permanently withhold your TextNumber, you can display it for a single call by dialling 1470 before the 18001 prefix e.g. 1470 18001 followed by the number you're calling.