What is emergencySMS?
Simply by sending an SMS message to 999 you can call for help and the emergency services will be able to reply to you.
You'll need to register your mobile phone before you can use the emergencySMS service. See Registering your mobile phone for emergencySMS.
This is an emergency service and must only be used for emergencies, like when:
- life is at risk
- crime or trouble is happening now
- someone is injured or threatened
- a person committing crime is near
- there's a fire or people trapped
- you need an ambulance urgently
- someone is in trouble, or missing, at sea
- someone is in trouble on the cliffs or on the shoreline.