We're showing information about textphones, click here to view NGT Lite information.
Answering a call using a textphone
- When your textphone flashes or rings, follow the instructions in its user guide to answer the call.
- On the textphone screen, you'll see ‘NGT waiting for a free relay assistant', or ‘NGT connected text to text' if the call was made from a textphone.
- If the call is from a telephone user, you'll then see ‘Connected to Text Relay, please wait'.
- Once you're connected, you can type your conversation and the relay assistant will relay it to the hearing person.
- The relay assistant will then type the response from the hearing person so you can read it on your textphone display.
- The conversation will carry on like this until one of you ends the call.
Your conversation - Type & Read
It doesn't matter if your call is going via a relay assistant or direct to the other person you read the conversation on your textphone display and type what you want to say.
Hanging up a call - phone
At the end of a call simply hang up your phone.